I have received products in exchange for my honest opinions. All opinions are my own.This post may contain affiliate links which means I make a small portion off of any purchases you may make through my links.
Tips for Getting Good Sleep at Night
It can be really hard to get a good night of sleep no matter how tired you are when you get to bed. I never understood this until I suffered from leg cramps at night that prevented me from falling asleep. When I would get some sleep I would wake up in the middle of the night with leg cramps that would not allow me to fall back asleep.
That has to be one of the most frustrating feelings you can experience, being so tired yet not able to fall asleep at night. That is why I am sharing my best tips for getting good sleep at night.
- Temperature– If you have a thermostat that allows you to schedule temperature changes, set it up to keep your home cooler at night. This will help combat the temperature rise your body goes through naturally during sleep.
- Hydrate– Stay hydrated throughout the day to prevent the need to grab a drink right before bed time and to keep you from waking during the night.
-Keep a drink nearby in case you do wake in the middle of the night with a dry mouth.
-Use the restroom right before bed to prevent any midnight trips to the bathroom.
- White Noise– A noise canceling sound is a great way to prevent household noises from waking you up at night. A dishwasher running, an ice maker filling, a house settling sound, and outdoor noises like branches hitting your home are pretty common sleep disturbances, mute the sound by using a sound machine or something as simple as running a fan.
- Pets– Make sure your pet is taken care of as one of the most common sleep disturbances people complain about is a barking dog. You can pick up quality pet bed that will guarantee your dog is getting a good night of sleep as well.
- Comfort– Having the right pillows are essential to getting good sleep. There are so many to choose from that this may be a hard task but Brentwood home has made this much easier with comfy pillows for the whole family.
They have pillows for the kids that will not only let them get a good night of sleep but while the kids are out cold, you will also get the chance to enjoy a good night of sleep.
Luckily Brentwood home also offers pillows for the adults,too.
The Helena pillow is the perfect combination of fluffy and supportive! It is filled with a combination of 100% natural latex ribbons and silky-smooth kapok fibers.
The Carmel Pillow is perfect for those who like a firm pillow that offers a lot of support throughout the entire night.
Personally, I like to sleep with a combination of the two pillows as it gives me options without having to get out of bed if I need a change. If you would like to pick up a couple of pillows be sure to use this Brentwood Home Coupon for 10% off. The code is = OURHOME 10%
What are your best tips for getting a good night of sleep? Tell me about them below by leaving a comment.