As a working mom, finding time to relax and take care of myself is almost impossible, I am sure many parents can relate. Having too much to do and little time to do it in seems to be typical these days. It can be hard to get enough sleep on a typical busy night but when you suffer from insomnia, lack of sleep is just part of the problem.
Insomnia has been linked to many other problems that can wreak havoc on your health and your overall well being.
Insomnia is a serious issue that many suffer from and few understand. It is a common belief that insomnia is just a lack of sleep or an issue for people who may be more of a night owl. Unfortunately it is more complex than that and understanding this illness is the first step in our journey of finding relief.
Insomnia can cause your entire body to react in a negative way which can turn into serious health problems that are much more of a concern than just a lack of sleep. Studies show that people who suffer from insomnia are more likely to have many other illnesses including but not limited to
- Heart Issues
- High Blood Pressure
- Decline in Cognitive Function
- General Motor Skill Impairment
If you are suffering from insomnia, you may find relief by changing some behaviors that could cause problems. Switching things up a bit as well as incorporating new things into your routine can help a great deal. Try some of these suggestions and see if they can help you overcome insomnia.
- Avoid napping during the day
- Don’t drink any caffeine 6-8 hours before bedtime
- Keep the temperature slightly colder than it is during the day
- Read a book before bed
- Avoid Electronics at least one hour before trying to sleep
- Comfortable clothing
- Comfortable bedding & pillow
Finding the right pillow can be difficult because there are so many options out there that claim to work for one sleep position or another. Now I don’t know about you but I move around in my sleep so I need a pillow that will contour to each and every one of my sleep positions.
I have been asked to review the Bear Pillow in exchange for an honest review, this post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own.
I have been using the Bear Pillow every night for the past couple of weeks and I am so excited I gave it a chance. I have gotten to sleep faster than before and have slept longer throughout the night before waking.
The Bear Pillow offers everything you could ask for and more!
- Intuitively contours to your sleep position, supporting the natural curves of your head, neck and spine
- It offers the perfect cool and dry climate while you sleep
- Dual mesh side panels for continuous airflow throughout your sleep
- Hypoallergenic and antimicrobial protection
- Free Shipping & 2 Year Warranty (What do you have to lose?)
Whether you suffer from insomnia or not, you need to check out this pillow. Are you happy with your current pillow? Also, one lucky winner is going to win their very own by entering the giveaway below!