This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyBoldMoments #CollectiveBias
I have had quite the year so far, lots of medical procedures that have changed my life forever and affected my self confidence quite a bit. It wasn’t long before I was sick of feeling sorry for myself and decided to work towards feeling better while improving my self confidence.
Everyone goes through phases in life where they just aren’t feeling their best and I hope that these 11 Tips to Boost Your Self Confidence will have you feeling great about yourself again.
- Get a New Outfit- They don’t call it retail therapy for nothing, it really helps bring your mood up and increase your self confidence if you pick out a flattering outfit.
- Take a Walk- Get out and take a walk, fresh air helps everyone feel a little bit better and maybe you will gain a different perspective that will let you see yourself in a new light.
- Do Something You Love-When you are feeling down, don’t settle for a boring old television show or spend your time staring at social media on your phone, do something that you actually love to do. Take a roadtrip, go for a swim, visit your friends and enjoy yourself for the day.
- Pamper Yourself- Taking good care of yourself and even spoiling yourself a little bit here and there is a good reminder that you are worth the extra effort. Get your nails done, get a facial, enjoy a nice relaxing massage. These services are there for a reason, you deserve them!
- Surround Yourself with a Good Support System- Spend as much time with the people who truly love you and want the best for you. Avoid the “friends” who claim to be there for you but when you are feeling down, they are nowhere to be found.
- Freshen Breath- Head to CVS and pick up a bottle of LISTERINE® Total Care!
There is a reason that LISTERINE® is the #1 dentist recommended mouthwash brand. Brushing your teeth alone won’t do the job because it misses 75% of your mouth, LISTERINE® cleans virtually 100% and kills 99.9% of bad breath germs. LISTERINE® Total Care has 6 benefits in 1, it helps prevent cavities,restores minerals to enamel,strengthens teeth, kills bad breath germs, cleans the whole mouth and freshens breath.
- Do Something that Scares You-When you accomplish something that you thought was impossible you will get a huge rush of pride for overcoming your fear. This can be something as small as talking to a coworker that you have had a crush on for years or as extreme as going skydiving.
- Change Your Hair-A great way to get a self confidence boost is by changing your appearance and letting people notice. Go for that new funky hairstyle or try a new color and wait for the compliments to roll in.
- Go on an Adventure- Plan a fun adventure for you and a friend, go kayaking, hiking, geocaching, or just get outdoors having fun. Not only will this get your mind off of whatever is getting you down, it will give you a new perspective on things and you are sure to feel a little more self confident after a fun day.
- Gratitude for What is Great in Life- We all have a few things that we take for granted on a daily basis, some more than others. These are the things we need to remember to be thankful for when we feel like everything is going wrong. The same goes for self confidence, whether you have perfect eyebrows, bright white teeth, or a thick head of hair, be grateful for your best features and realise that it could always be worse.
- Laughter is the Best Medicine- Although it is an old saying it still rings true today, laughter really is the best medicine. Watch your favorite movie, or a stand up comedian, hang out with your funniest friend, or just google some funny memes. Laughing will improve your mood and when your in a good mood you will start to see the positive things and it will boost your self confidence.