This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeHealthyForEveryPartofLife #CollectiveBias
I have been married to my husband for about 13 years and have a 10 year old daughter together. We both work all day and spend as much time together as a family that we can but sometimes we need a little time just for us!
Sometimes it’s hard to get out and have a typical date night that includes going out to dinner and a show. Going out has become so expensive it’s almost impossible for me to enjoy myself knowing I could have made a car payment instead.
I decided to get creative when planning our time together and found ways we can enjoy a fun date night on a budget.
Stay At Home
- Watching a movie at home is one of my favorite ways to spend the evening. Snuggling on the couch and laughing together is a great way to reconnect after a long week.
- Cooking dinner together can be a fun activity especially if only one of you usually does the cooking at your house. Each one of you can make a part of the meal and then enjoy it together by candlelight.
- Get Creative! Pick up a couple of canvases, paint, and brushes from your local craft store, open up a bottle of wine and create a couple of masterpieces to hang on your wall. This will prompt a whole new conversation while painting and every time you see your art on the wall it will serve as a reminder of your fun night.
- Playing a game together can be fun and even after 13 years of marriage it’s fun to observe my husband’s strategy in games like Crazy Eights or Poker.
Since date night doesn’t happen often enough, I like to be prepared and have all of my date night essentials on hand! with one quick trip to Walmart, I had everything I needed to prepare for my date night.
- Nexium 24HR-Just one day. All-day, all night frequent heartburn protection.
- Emergen-C-More Healthy Days, More Healthy Nights
- Advil Liqui-Gels-Nothing’s faster on tough pain (among OTC pain relievers).Use as directed.
We just don’t get enough date nights these days so when we get a chance to spend some quality time together, I like to be prepared for anything. After having a few disastrous nights where I couldn’t even enjoy our time due to a pounding headache, heartburn, or cold I keep all of these items in my purse so I can be ready for anything.
My husband still laughs at me about the time that we headed out to a Limp Bizkit concert and I had a headache before we even went inside. I didn’t want to waste our tickets and I really wanted to see the show, so I went in anyway and tried to make the best of it but that experience alone will always be a reminder to keep my essentials in my purse and take them with me everywhere I go.
Get out of the house
- Frisbee Golf is a fun physical activity that is free to play and will get you out of the house for the day.
- Geocaching is another free outdoor activity and the best part is that you can play all year long. There is nothing more romantic in my opinion than going on a treasure hunt with my husband.
- Going to an arcade is a fun way to spend the night and if you play the right games, you could spend hours there and only spend $20 bucks.
- Mini Golf is a fairly inexpensive game to play and if the weather isn’t right,there are lots of arcades that have a mini golf course indoors and some are lit by neon and black lights.
- Laser Tag can be fun if you have a strong competitive side or if there are other players there you and your date can team up to beat the bad guys together.
Enjoy your date night and always be prepared for anything by keeping your essentials in your purse! To find out more about these great products and how they can prepare you for date night, click here. What are some of your favorite fun date night ideas that don’t break the bank?