This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WetSkinMoisturizer #CollectiveBias
During the Winter months it’s common for our skin to dry out because the cold air is so harsh on our skin but that doesn’t mean we can’t prevent this from happening. Taking care of our skin is essential and sometimes we need to spend the day pampering ourselves to reset and get back on the right track. Take some time for you and enjoy a DIY Spa Day & Homemade Facial Mask.
The hardest part about enjoying a relaxing day for me is actually committing to taking some time out for myself. I always have so much going on and it’s hard to step away from my computer for a few hours to enjoy a relaxing day. This year I have decided to start taking more time out for myself and I really want to destress at least once a week. Enjoying a DIY Spa Day and relaxing with a Homemade Facial Mask is going to be part of my new beauty routine because I deserve it, and so do you!
The first step to enjoying a spa day is to stock up on a few supplies to make sure your day is as enjoyable and relaxing as possible. I headed to Walmart for my essentials and made sure I picked up a couple bottles of Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer in both coconut oil and monoi oil, these are my favorite scents plus they are the most important part of my shower during the Winter.
To ensure you are getting the most out of your spa day, follow these tips.
DIY Spa Day
- Burn Candles with a relaxing scent like lavender or chamomile and place them near your tub.
- Soak in a tub filled will hot water and 1 cup of Epsom Salt, this will help detox your body and help your relax.
- Read a magazine or your favorite book while soaking but be sure to set a timer for 20 minutes as you don’t want your body to reabsorb the toxins that the epsom salt is drawing out.
- After the time is up, rinse off in the shower and place lemon wedges on top of the drain. Be sure not to let the lemon slip down the drain but the scent of lemons has been linked to lowering stress and putting you in a better mood.
- When done with the shower while your skin is still wet, apply the Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer to instantly lock in moisture. It absorbs 2x faster and lets you enjoy soft skin for 24 hours.
- Using the microwave, heat a damp towel for about 1-2 minutes. Place towel on your face and let sit for about 2 minutes. This will open your pores and prepare your face for the homemade facial mask.
- Apply the mask and relax while letting it work it’s magic. You should be able to feel the mask working with a pleasant tingle after a few minutes. Rinse off with warm water and pat your face dry.
Your skin should feel clean, moisturized, and protected from the dry air. This facial mask is so natural you could eat it! The following recipe will make about 1 cup of the homemade facial mask and can be stored in the refrigerator in between uses.
Homemade Facial Mask
The first step in making this homemade facial mask is to add 2 tablespoons of honey to a bowl.
Then add 1/4 Cup of Yogurt and 1 ripe banana. Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly while mashing the bananas into a paste. It’s alright to have a few chunks here and there but in order to achieve the desired consistency you will need to mix all of the ingredients together.
After it is completely mixed, it should be creamy but not runny. If your mask isn’t as thick, add a little more honey and stir.
Store the finished product in an air tight container in the refrigerator for about a week. Check the expiration date on your yogurt for a more exact date before storing your homemade facial mask.
For more ways to combat dry skin and enjoy a DIY Spa Day visit Walmart.com. What are your favorite ways to relax and enjoy a stress free day?