Learn how to make the perfect low carb pork chop recipe baked in the oven. These boneless pork chops have a delicious almond flour parmesan crust with a juicy center. With simple ingredients and a straightforward cooking process, this recipe is a fantastic option for a quick and satisfying weeknight meal.
This keto pork chop recipe is the best way to prepare thick chops for a low-carb dinner that the whole family will enjoy. These flavorful chops are seared in a skillet to lock in flavor before being finished in a baking dish in a preheated oven, creating the perfect pork chops.
Low Carb Pork Chop Recipe
These oven-baked pork chops, whether bone-in pork chops or boneless chops, this pork chops recipe offer the best of both worlds with a perfect blend of textures and flavors. The cooking time is optimized to achieve that ideal combination of a golden-brown crust and a juicy, tender interior.
Forget the traditional bread crumbs – this low-carb recipe replaces them with a savory dry rub mix creating the best results every single time.
So, the next time you are looking for an easy pork chop recipe, scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of this post and serve your family these juicy pork chops.
This post contains affiliate links which means that if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I will receive a small portion of the sale at no additional cost to you.
Low Carb Pork Chop Recipe Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this easy recipe.
- 6 Ribeye Pork Chops (boneless or bone-in chops for added flavor):
- Opt for high-quality ribeye pork chops, boneless for a leaner option, or bone-in to intensify the overall richness and flavor.
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese:
- Choose freshly grated Parmesan cheese for a rich and authentic taste. The sharpness of Parmesan adds depth to the seasoning mix.
- 4 tablespoons Almond Flour:
- Utilize almond flour as a low-carb alternative to traditional wheat flour, providing a nutty undertone and contributing to the crispy texture.
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika:
- Infuse a subtle smokiness and vibrant color to the seasoning mix with paprika, enhancing both visual appeal and flavor.
- 1 teaspoon Parsley:
- Fresh or dried parsley adds a burst of herbaceous freshness, balancing the richness of the pork and complementing the other seasonings.
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder:
- Enhance the savory profile with garlic powder, ensuring a robust and well-rounded flavor throughout the dish.
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper:
- Freshly ground black pepper provides a hint of warmth, contributing to the overall seasoning mix for a well-balanced taste.
- Olive oil for searing (use avocado oil if you prefer) for Searing:
- Select a high-quality olive oil for classic searing or elevate the dish with avocado oil, imparting a distinct flavor and healthy fats.
Step 1: Prepare the Seasoning Mix
In a shallow bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, almond flour, paprika, parsley, garlic powder, and black pepper.
This flavorful mix will be the star of the show, giving your pork chops that perfect crunch.
Step 2: Coat the Pork Chops
Dip each pork chop into the seasoning mix, ensuring both sides are evenly coated.
This step adds an extra layer of flavor and creates a delightful crust when cooked.
Step 3: Sear Pork Chops in a Skillet
Heat a cast-iron skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Sear the seasoned pork chops for 5 minutes on each side.
This initial sear locks in juices and enhances the overall texture of the pork.
Step 4: Bake to Perfection
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Transfer the seared pork chops to a prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145ºF.
Using a meat thermometer ensures the perfect level of doneness for your pork chops.
This recipe can be made with thick pork chops or thin pork chops and this should not impact the cooking time of the sides of the pork chops.
However, thick cut pork chops will require a bit more cooking time in the oven. Pick up whichever cut you prefer from your local grocery stores and follow this recipe for a delicious meal.
Be sure to remove early for medium doneness if preferred, especially when cooking thinner pork chops with this bake method.
Storage Tips for Low Carb Pork Chops
If you happen to have leftovers, store them in an airtight container. These keto pork chops can be a great option for the next day’s lunch or dinner.
The best part is that you can simply heat them in the air fryer for a few minutes and serve this main dish again with little work.
Variations and Tips for Pork Chops
Experiment with different cuts like bone-in pork loin chops for added richness and variety to your keto pork recipes.
Create a keto shake bake pork chops recipe with crushed pork rinds pulsed in a food processor and an egg mixture. Make an egg wash and dip chops into it before breading with keto pork rind crumbs.
For extra flavor while sticking to your low-carb diet, consider adding Italian seasoning, onion powder, lemon juice, soy sauce, BBQ sauce, or a garlic butter sauce, perfect for those following a high-fat diet with little net carbs.
This low carb pork chops recipe can be made using chicken breasts or even a pork tenderloin. Cook this recipe in a cast iron skillet for an easy way to make this a one-pan meal.
More Keto Recipes
Pair your pan-fried pork chops with low-carb sides like cauliflower rice or green beans for a complete and satisfying meal.
Or whip up some of your favorite low carb potato substitutes with a dollop of sour cream.
Want more easy low carb recipes? Sign up for the free newsletter and follow along on social media so you never miss another recipe.
Learn how to make the perfect low carb pork chop recipe baked in the oven. These boneless pork chops have a delicious almond flour parmesan crust with a juicy center.
- 6 Pork Chops
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 4 tablespoons of Almond Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Mix the seasonings and dip pork chops, covering both sides as evenly as possible.
- Sear in a skillet with olive oil on medium heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 145ºF.
This recipe can be made with thick pork chops or thin pork chops and this should not impact the cooking time of the sides of the pork chops. However, thick cut pork chops will require a bit more cooking time in the oven.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 393Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 139mgSodium 237mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 44g
The nutrition in recipes is caluculate by AI, mistakes happen. It is highly recommended to check carb counts to make sure these recipes fit into your diet.
About Thirty Something Super Mom
My journey started after a Crohn's disease diagnosis, inspiring a commitment to well-being. This site shares my distinctive approach to healthy living with my collection of nutritious recipes that boast authentic flavors, mimicking the indulgence of traditional dishes. I love sharing guilt free recipes for low carb, keto, gluten-free, paleo, and the specific carbohydrate diet. I also share tips on natural living, including homemade cleaners and cleaning hacks. I also share my experience as a veterinary technician and pet groomer, to integrate pet health tips, homemade dog food recipes, and grooming insights to ensure your pets thrive.