Traveling with the family can be a lot of fun but when you include the furry family members it can become more of a chore than a fun getaway. That does not always have to be the case, implementing these tips for traveling with pets can make your travels fun again.
One of the biggest challenges I face is keeping my dogs in the backseat where I originally put them before traveling.
They always want to hop up front and sit on my lap, that distraction is very dangerous so I am glad that I found something that helps keep them in the back of my car. I was given this product in exchange for my honest opinions and all of my opinions are my own as usual.
The SONGMICS Waterproof Pet Seat Cover is the perfect way to make my pets comfortable in the back of my car so they are less inclined to get to the front and cause a crash.
I love the waterproof fabric and my pets are super comfy back there with the non-slip hammock design.
Not having to worry about drool, nails, and the always unpleasant bodily fluids ruining my backseat makes traveling with pets much more desirable.
Without the SONGMICS Waterproof Pet Seat Cover my backseats would surely be destroyed within seconds of traveling with my pets. In the past I have put blankets down and have tried to contain them to the backseat but it never works out.
I am usually distracted because I have to use my left arm to drive and my right arm to guard the gap between my seats. The design of this pet seat cover is not only perfect for protecting my car but it also keeps them in the back.
It also provides that protective layer so I never have to worry about what is happening in the back while I am traveling.
There are many things to keep in mind when traveling with pets and it is always a good idea to plan ahead.
- Make sure your pet has a collar with a current phone number attached in case they get separated during travel.
- Bring a bowl for your pets to get a drink when you stop.
- Bring proof of vaccines in case you want to visit a local dog park during travel that requires the information.
- Allow plenty of time for potty breaks because your dogs will want to sniff around more in new places.
- Research veterinarians in the area you are heading in case of emergency while traveling.
- If your pet gets nervous during travel check with your vet before leaving to see if they recommend medicating before you head out.
- Make sure your hotel is pet friendly before booking, never assume your pet will be able to stay without clearing it with the hotel first. Best Western Hotels & Resorts are pet-friendly, they will allow up to two 80 lb dogs in a rented room. That is not all, they also allow other pet types such as cats, birds, monkeys, and snakes. That’s right monkeys are allowed to stay there, pretty cool Best Western, pretty cool.
- Plan your route and stops around which rest areas are pet friendly or look for local dog parks that you can stop at during your travels.
Implementing these tips when traveling with pets can make your trip fun, which is what you set out to do in the first place anyway,right?
What are your best tips for traveling with pets? Let me know by leaving a comment below or share your crazy traveling with pets horror story, I would love to hear about it!
Be sure to head over to songmics and check out all of their great products and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below to win your own Waterproof Pet Seat Cover.
Don’t forget to enter the other giveaways I have going on by clicking here.