I love creating healthier versions of the recipes my family enjoys and this SCD Chicken Zucchini Alfredo is my newest creation.
It combines all of the things I love about traditional fettuccini chicken alfredo but without the pasta and other additives, we usually toss into this family favorite.
Ever since I can remember, one of my daughter’s favorite meals to have for dinner is chicken fettucini alfredo.
She has always enjoyed this meal and since it is one of her favorites, we eat it a lot!
When she was little I tried to add some healthy ingredients into the basic chicken alfredo recipe that she enjoyed so much and even had her help create it, name it, and cook it.
We added in some zucchini and peppers as well as a few tomatoes and some other veggies that I thought would compliment the traditional chicken alfredo she loved so much.
She named it a name that I will never forget, Rainbow Jeffries.
I love that name and still bring it up from time to time to remind her in case she forgot how cute and willing to try new healthy recipes she used to be.
Now I am cooking healthy dishes for myself and offering her some to share, I think it takes the pressure off and allows her to really taste the delicious flavors healthier options bring to each meal.
She still prefers the traditional but I like to have a healthier option for myself when preparing her favorite chicken fettucini alfredo dish.
Let your kids try this one out and see if they enjoy this healthier alternative to Chicken Fettucini Alfredo. Let me know how your family enjoyed it.
- 4 medium zucchini, peeled and sliced into thin noodles
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Teaspoons of
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons of Almond Flour (more if needed to thicken)
- 1-quart coconut milk
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 Tablespoons of Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons of Italian Seasoning
- Boil the zucchini until desired texture and set aside.
- Chop chicken roughly into chunks and cook until it is completely white inside and out.
- Add cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Cook lemon juice, basil, salt, pepper, and garlic and butter.
- Melt the butter, then add the minced garlic. Saute the garlic on medium heat for about 4-5 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour, and then add the coconut milk.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer whisking occasionally, until it thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add more flour as needed to thicken the sauce.
- Whisk in the Parmesan into the sauce and add chicken.
- Serve the zucchini noodles with a generous helping of the sauce and chicken on top.