In my opinion, there is nothing better than a guilt-free dessert and this Grain Free Apple Cinnamon Cake is the perfect treat for those on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet or any gluten-free diet.
This recipe will let you indulge in a delicious cake without spiking your blood sugar.
Grain Free Apple Cinnamon Cake Ingredients
- Homemade applesauce (or store-bought)
- Dry ingredients:
- Almond flour
- Baking soda
- Wet ingredients:
- Vanilla extract
The first step to this recipe is to make your own applesauce although can use store bought but if you follow a specific carbohydrate diet it is best to just make your own.
It can be hard to find a “legal” applesauce that isn’t full of ingredients that are forbidden on the diet so if you need a good recipe to make your own homemade applesauce, you can try this Crock Pot Apple Sauce Recipe.
Now that you have your homemade applesauce, you can get started on this Grain Free Apple Cinnamon Cake Recipe.
How to Make Grain Free Apple Cake
- Prepare the Applesauce:
- The first step is making your applesauce.
- While store-bought is an option, for a Specific Carbohydrate Diet, homemade is recommended. You can use our Crock Pot Apple Sauce Recipe to craft your own.
- Preheat and Mix:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and set them aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients, leaving out the applesauce for now.
- Combine the Ingredients:
- Blend all the components for the grain-free applesauce cake.
- Pour half of the batter into a well-greased bread loaf pan.
- Add a layer of applesauce on top of the bottom batter.
- Finish by adding the remaining batter into the pan.
- Bake to Perfection:
- Bake the cake in the oven for about 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cooling and Enjoyment:
- You can savor the cake fresh from the oven if you like it warm. However, it’s recommended to let it cool in the refrigerator for a couple of hours for the best taste.
Variations on this Apple Cinnamon Cake
Grain Free Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes
If you prefer cupcakes, this recipe can be adapted for a cupcake pan.
Place a small amount of batter at the bottom of each cupcake liner, add a scoop of applesauce, and then top each cupcake off with another spoonful of batter.
Pairing with SCD Blueberry Jelly
The bread loaf pan is ideal for enjoying this cake alongside SCD Blueberry Jelly, making for a perfect combination.
The applesauce center keeps the cake moist and delicious throughout baking and for several days after.
For a flavorful, grain-free cake, this apple cinnamon cake is a must-try.
Store any leftover cinnamon cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator to maintain its freshness.
Enjoy it for several days after baking.
You can enjoy this Grain Free Apple Cinnamon Cake right out of the oven if you like your cake warm but I prefer to let it cool in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
The applesauce center helps to keep the bread moist and delicious throughout the baking process and for several days after baking this cake.
If you are looking for a delicious Grain Free cake full of flavor, this Apple Cinnamon Cake is a must-try.
This grain free cake is gluten free and has no added sugar, perfect for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet.
- 3 Cups of Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup of Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup of Ghee
- 1/2 Cup of Honey
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup of Almond Milk
- 2 Cups of Applesauce
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients and then set aside.
- Mix all of the wet ingredients except the applesauce.
- Mix both wet and dry together then add half of the batter to a greased bread loaf pan.
- Spoon in applesauce and then spoon the rest of the batter on top.
- Bake for about 55-60 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator for up to one week.
You don't have to make the applesauce for this recipe, you could use storebought if you prefer.
Amount Per Serving Calories 383Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 73mgSodium 199mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 6gSugar 24gProtein 10g
The nutrition in recipes is caluculate by AI, mistakes happen. It is highly recommended to check carb counts to make sure these recipes fit into your diet.
About Thirty Something Super Mom
My journey started after a Crohn's disease diagnosis, inspiring a commitment to well-being. This site shares my distinctive approach to healthy living with my collection of nutritious recipes that boast authentic flavors, mimicking the indulgence of traditional dishes. I love sharing guilt free recipes for low carb, keto, gluten-free, paleo, and the specific carbohydrate diet. I also share tips on natural living, including homemade cleaners and cleaning hacks. I also share my experience as a veterinary technician and pet groomer, to integrate pet health tips, homemade dog food recipes, and grooming insights to ensure your pets thrive.