7 Surprising Things Your Microwave Does
- Much like the feature on your oven, your microwave can help to clean itself. Microwave a cup of water with a a cup of vinegar for 5 minutes. When done heating, allow bowl to sit in microwave for an extra 5 minutes to allow steam to build up. Be careful when removing bowl, it will be hot. Wipe down microwave easily and faster with the help of the steam and vinegar. You can see the whole process in more details with great before and after pictures by clicking here.
- Microwave popcorn kernels in a paper bag for an easy and quick popcorn snack. I usually pop about 2 tablespoons of popcorn for about 2 minutes. This usually yields about 2 and a ½ cups. It’s much healthier and cheaper this way, no need for pre-made bags full of unnecessary fat and calories.
- Pop your sponge in the microwave for 90 seconds to kill off germs and bacteria. Be careful when removing because it will be hot. I usually wait a minute to remove my sponge and then give it a good rinse.
- Microwave an onion to release the sulfuric acid that causes onions to make your cry while chopping. Pierce a couple of holes into the onion and microwave on medium for 30 seconds.
- Have you ever needed to remove a stamp from a letter or wanted to remove a label from a jar for reuse? Add a dash of water to the paper and microwave for 30 seconds, it should come off quite easily.
- Got the munchies but don’t feel like being Betty Crocker? Throw a few ingredients together and make a quick brownie in your microwave that is dangerously delicious. Check out this recipe for a 3 Minute Brownie Sundae that will blow your mind!
- Don’t throw away those potato chips that lost their crunch, microwave them to get that much desired texture back.
Which one of these 7 Surprising things Your Microwave Does will save you the most trouble?