If you are following a keto diet and love the flavors of Mexican food, this Cheesy Fajita Mexican Keto Casserole recipe is sure to be your next family favorite.
This low carb dinner is the ultimate comfort food because it is delicious and so easy to whip up, making it perfect for busy weeknights.
This post will share how I made this Mexican Keto Casserole as well as inspiration for customizing this recipe to please any palate.
Keep in mind that this post contains affiliate links which means that if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I will receive a small portion of the sale at no additional cost to you.
Variations on this Mexican Keto Casserole
The best part of this Mexican Keto Casserole is being able to serve an easy-to-prepare low carb recipe that the entire family will love.
Low carb casseroles are easy to customize using a variety of ingredients. Below you will find some of my favorite ways to customize this recipe.
Topping Ideas for this Mexican Keto Casserole Recipe
Serve this low carb taco casserole with your favorite taco toppings for a guilt free Mexican dinner perfect for Taco Tuesday.
Everyone can add their favorite toppings like sour cream, cottage cheese, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack, black olives, or a Mexican cheese blend.
I love to add lots of cheese so I usually offer a variety of shredded cheese and let the whole family decide which cheese mixture they would like to add.
Sometimes I combine heavy cream with cream cheese to make a cheese sauce that I stir into the meat before adding the remaining cheese on top.
Serving Ideas for this Mexican Keto Casserole Recipe
This keto Mexican casserole recipe can be served with low carb tortillas, and tortilla chips, or enjoyed straight out of the baking dish for an easy weeknight meal.
You can also create a taco bowl by spraying taco shells with cooking spray and laying them on top of a muffin pan before baking them at 375 for about 20 minutes.
This is a great way to use the best keto taco casserole for a fun taco night.
Meat Options for this Mexican Keto Casserole Recipe
You can use any taco meat you choose to make a keto taco bake that pleases your family’s taste buds. This delicious casserole can be made with lean ground beef, ground chicken, ground turkey, or even a ground beef mixture.
Create your own meat mixture and follow the recipe card for homemade taco seasoning ideas that work well in a Mexican keto ground beef casserole as well as an easy Mexican chicken casserole.
Create a keto ground beef casserole recipe by swapping out the steak in this recipe for ground beef.
This is a simple way to make an easy keto taco casserole recipe with similar nutritional information if you prefer cooking ground beef instead of steak.
Add in Ideas for this Mexican Keto Casserole Recipe
You can add in green chiles, green onions, red pepper flakes, fresh cilantro, hot sauce, or jalapeno peppers for an extra burst of spicy Mexican flavors.
You could add cooked cauliflower rice to the casserole dish for an even heartier low-carb taco casserole or stir in tomato sauce to mimic a Mexican rice casserole.
Another add-in idea that my family enjoys is pouring this salsa verde into the casserole before baking.
This salsa can be made in a food processor and instead of allowing it to cool, you can pour it right into this recipe before baking.
A quick overview of the ingredients needed to make this easy keto taco casserole can be found below.
Visit the variations section to find inspiration for customizing this recipe.
You can make this dish following the recipe card exactly and then try some of the variations the next time you want to serve this low carb dinner idea.
- Skirt Steak
- Green Bell Peppers
- Red Bell Pepper
- Yellow Bell Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Provolone Cheese
How to Make this Mexican Keto Casserole Recipe
Slice peppers and onion. Drizzle olive oil into the pan and cook on medium heat to medium-high heat until softened. Slice steak into strips and fry until cooked all the way through, add seasoning, and stir thoroughly.
Add all cooked vegetables and meat to a casserole dish, and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Be sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container so you can enjoy the same great flavors and textures the next time you decide to eat this keto casserole.
More Keto Recipes for Dinner
Below you will find some of my most popular recipes that make the perfect keto dinners to serve any day of the week.
These low carb recipes make a complete meal with fewer net carbs than traditional recipes without sacrificing flavor.
From casserole recipes to simple one-frying pan meals, the whole family will love these delicious recipes.
- Low Carb Riced Cauliflower Recipes for Keto – This post shares 40+ low-carb recipes that use riced cauliflower as a main ingredient.
- Low Carb Chicken Alfredo Casserole – Creamy alfredo and perfectly seasoned chicken come together to create a low carb casserole that the whole family can enjoy.
- Easy Low Carb Meatball Casserole Recipe – This simple casserole combines the flavors of delicious meatballs and melty cheese for the perfect family dinner.
- Crispy Low Carb Fried Chicken Without Pork Rinds – Craving fried chicken but sticking to a low-carb diet? This recipe is for you!
- Low Carb Chicken Alfredo Recipe in One Large Skillet– Serve up a delicious meal without all of the dishes with this one pan meal that the whole family will love.
- How to Cook a Whole Chicken in the Slow Cooker – The possibilities are endless for low carb dinners once you learn how to make a whole chicken in a crock pot.
- SCD Deep Dish Pizza Recipe with Almond Flour Crust– Enjoy pizza night at home with this gluten-free deep dish pizza recipe.
Never miss another low carb or keto recipe again! Sign up for the free newsletter to get recipes straight to your inbox and follow along on social media to stay connected.
- 1 & 1/2 lb of skirt steak, cut into strips
- 3 Green Bell Peppers
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Teaspoon of Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Cup of Shredded Provolone Cheese
- Slice peppers and onion. Drizzle olive oil in pan and cook until softened. Slice steak into strips and fry until cooked all the way through, add seasoning and stir thoroughly.
- Add all cooked vegetables and meat to a casserole dish, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1432Total Fat 106gSaturated Fat 36gCholesterol 268mgSodium 503mgCarbohydrates 7gSugar 1gProtein 108g