This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FuelTheirAdventures #CollectiveBias
It feels like the Summer went by faster this year and I can’t believe it’s time to get back to school! Since the time has past so quickly I don’t feel like we are going to get back into the routine as smoothly as we would like.
To make sure we get back to our schedule I have created some Simple Lunch Ideas for School that are sure to save time and give my daughter the energy she needs to get through the school day.
It makes me anxious to think about the busy mornings before school. I worry about getting up at 6 am again, making breakfast, getting dressed, and most of all, sending my daughter to school with everything she needs for the day.
This year I decided to simplify things and get organized, well as much as a house with kids living in it allows. So we headed to Walmart to pick up what we need to create Simple Lunch Ideas for School.
We grabbed the essentials that are sure to save me time in the morning. The best time savers that my daughter loves to eat for lunch are:
- pre-cut fruits that are washed and ready to eat are always great to keep in the fridge.
- pre-cute veggies that are washed and ready to eat are a tasty snack paired with ranch dressing.
- Individual packs of raisins or purchase a large container and package them at home to save a little extra money.
- Nuts like cashews and almonds are a great snack that offer nutritional benefits and convenient packaging.
- Cheese sticks or a block of cheese to cut slices and chunks for a quick snack.
- Dannon® Danimals®. I try to keep all of the items on one shelf of my refrigerator for easy access in the mornings. The organization is key to saving time during the busy school mornings.
- Graham Crackers are not only easy to keep in the cabinet but they go great with Dannon® Danimals®
My favorite lunch box item that saves me time and my daughter loves is the Dannon® Danimals®. She loves the taste and I love that they are made without high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors or colors, as well as providing a good source of calcium and vitamin D.
They have a variety of flavors and her new favorite, Cotton Candy/Strawberry flavor is not available at all stores and since it is only available in August, we have decided to stock up and enjoy it while we can.
Plus the more we buy, the better chance we have of finding the “Golden Bongo” bottle (located in specially marked packages) and increase our chances to win a Play60 Field Day for our school with NFL pros!
We also picked up some of my daughters original favorite flavors, the Strawberry Explosion & Banana Split combo pack. Last year, these were her favorite after school snack paired with graham crackers.
This was a huge time saver for me because I was able to focus on making sure all of the homework got done and everything that needed to be taken out of her backpack was taken out instead of spending my time preparing a different snack. I love being able to grab a Dannon® Danimals® Smoothie and a couple graham crackers, put them on the table and snack time is taken care of, it’s that simple!
I hope these Simple Lunch Ideas for School will help save you some time, what are some of your best tips for those busy school mornings?