Are struggling to find diet drinks on keto? Well, you have come to the right place. There are lots of keto-friendly drinks available that offer a large variety of flavors to satisfy any craving.
Some with artificial sweeteners and some with natural sweeteners, all fitting into a keto lifestyle.
When trying to find low-carb drinks that won’t mess with your keto diet, your best option is to check the nutrition label before consuming.
The good news is that some keto-friendly diet drinks contain very few grams of carbs and some contain zero carbs.
There are many keto-friendly diet drinks that can easily fit into your daily carb limit. So, before reaching for sweet drinks to satisfy your sugar cravings, check out this list of the best drinks on keto.
- What are the Best Diet Drinks on Keto?
- Caffeinated Drinks for the Keto Diet
- Soft Drinks & Sodas for Keto
- Energy Drinks for Keto Diet
- Protein Drinks for Low Carb & Keto
- Keto Milks
- Keto Alcoholic Drinks
- Frequently Asked Questions About Diet Drinks on Keto
- More Information for Following a Keto Diet
- Popular Low-Carb Recipes
This post contains affiliate links which means that if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I will receive a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.
What are the Best Diet Drinks on Keto?
There are many drink options that are great for those following a keto diet. While monitoring your carb content you can still enjoy the sweet taste of drinks like egg nog or a low-carb smoothie made with sugar substitutes to please your taste buds while not altering your metabolic state.
Be sure to check the carb count, even on keto-friendly beverages. Below you will find some good choices that should fit well into your allowed daily carbs and some with zero calories as well.
Caffeinated Drinks for the Keto Diet
There are many keto-friendly options that contain caffeine but much like choosing food for the keto lifestyle, it makes sense to read labels before grabbing just any coffee drink.
Many premade coffees and teas contain sugar as well as lots of carbs. Reading labels is always recommended.
- Sparkling Ice– Boasting 70mg of Caffeine from natural sources, this sparkling water comes in a variety of flavors. Plus, you can use the cans to make these cool napkin rings.
- Black Coffee– Your favorite black coffee with nothing added is a great way to get your daily caffeine.
- Flavored Coffee– Brew a flavored coffee or brew your favorite brand then add a splash of heavy cream, coconut milk, or unsweetened almond milk to add a bit more flavor.
- Bulletproof Coffee- If you are following a keto diet, bulletproof coffee may be the way to go. If you are new to a keto lifestyle you may be wondering what bulletproof coffee is, check out this guide that answers the question what is bulletproof keto coffee?
- Pumpkin Spice Latte– There is no reason to avoid drinking your favorite flavored coffee beverages on the keto diet. While you may not be able to pick up your favorite flavors at your local coffee shop, you can certainly make them at home. This Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe is easy to make and tastes just as good if not better than those served at your favorite local high-priced coffee shops.
- Tea– Tea is a great source of caffeine and there are many options for switching things up so you won’t get sick of the flavor. Drink black tea with your favorite creamer or try green tea to switch things up. If you want a cool drink, there are many options for iced tea, some are zero carbs like this iced peach tea. The best choice of tea for keto dieters and those worried about their gut microbiome is kombucha tea
Soft Drinks & Sodas for Keto
Sometimes you just want a soda, with a snack or a meal, thankfully there are many soft drinks that are a good option for those following a keto diet.
Most brands of seltzer water and club soda contain no carbs.
- Diet Coke & Diet Pepsi- While there is a lot of debate on whether you should consume artificial sweeteners for health reasons, if you are looking for a low-carb soda, both of these classic diet sodas are perfectly fine for the keto diet.
- Diet Dr. Pepper– This is a great option for those times when you want an extra burst of flavor without any added sugar.
- Diet Root Beer– This drink is perfect for mixing with your favorite vanilla keto ice cream for a keto-friendly rootbeer float.
- Diet Orange Soda– Speaking of adding vanilla ice cream to soda, for a delicious creamsicle add a scoop of keto vanilla to diet orange soda. Or just sip one of these when you are craving a citrusy beverage.
- Sparkling Grape Diet Soda– With just one carb per can this grape soda is perfect for a keto lifestyle.
Energy Drinks for Keto Diet
A lot of energy drinks have a bad reputation due to being loaded with sugar and a variety of ingredients that have been linked to many illnesses.
The good news is that a lot of brands have stepped up to provide a healthier version of this popular drink that doesn’t contain sugar.
- Aspire Healthy Energy Drinks-These sugar-free energy drinks contain 80mg of natural caffeine and come in a variety of fruity flavors. When that craving for fruit juice hits you, this is a great way to curb your craving without added sugars.
- Jocko GO Energy Drink– You may remember reading about the creator of this popular energy drink when I featured his book Leadership Strategy and Tactics. Jocko Willink is known for his early-morning intense workouts and many of us have wondered where he gets all of that energy from. Now you know and the good news is that you can also tap into that Jocko energy with these keto-friendly energy drinks.
- Red Bull Sugar-Free– For Red Bull lovers who have decided to embrace a keto lifestyle, Red Bull offers a sugar-free version of their popular energy drink with just 2 grams of carbs.
- Rockstar Pure Zero– At just 3 grams of carbs per can this energy drink comes in a variety of delicious flavors like fruit punch, grape, and watermelon kiwi.
- Rowdy Energy Drink– This drink boasts just 5 calories and 2 grams of carbs in a bold blue raspberry flavor.
Protein Drinks for Low Carb & Keto
While many protein drinks are geared toward those living a healthy lifestyle, not all of them are keto friendly.
There are many protein drinks on the market that are high in sugar and carbs so it is important to read the nutrition label before trying a new protein shake.
- KetoScience Keto Mealshake– Packed With protein & functional fats this keto-friendly meal shake is perfect for those doing keto on the go.
- Pure Protein– Offering 30 grams of protein, this protein shake is perfect for pre-or post-workout.
- Atkins Iced Coffee Mocha Latte– This two-in-one protein shake and coffee is perfect for those early morning workouts. No more choosing between coffee and protein shakes when you have to head out the door in the morning, now you can have both, at the same time!
- OWYN Pro Elite Vegan High Protein Keto Shake– These shakes boast 35g of protein,9 Amino Acids, Omega-3, Prebiotics, and 0g net carbs.
- Premier Protein Shakes– These shakes boast low sugar, low carbs, and high protein in a delicious shake.
While typical dairy milk contains sugar and lots of carbs, that doesn’t mean that you can’t have milk on a low-carb diet.
There are lots of keto-friendly milks available for adding to coffee or herbal teas and drinking with a cup of keto chocolate chip cookies.
- Coconut Milk- Coconut milk is a staple in many keto diets because it can be found in most keto ice creams. Check the label on your favorite keto ice cream, you may be surprised to find coconut milk listed. Pick up some coconut milk and try this easy no-churn keto chocolate ice cream recipe.
- Soy Milk-Soy milk is keto friendly and can be used in a variety of recipes in place of dairy milk. It won’t spike your blood sugar and is a better option than traditional dairy milk.
- Cashew Milk-You may be asking yourself, is cashew milk high in carbs? While cashews are keto-friendly nuts, they tend to be higher in carbohydrates than many other varieties. So it is best to use cashew milk sparingly if you are following a strict keto diet.
- Almond Milk– If you are wondering if almond milk is keto-friendly, the answer is yes! Most store-bought almond milks come in an unsweetened variety which is usually keto-friendly, just be sure to read the nutrition facts. Or if you want to be sure about what goes into your almond milk, you can easily make your own almond milk with natural ingredients after reading this post that shares how to make the best almond milk keto friendly.
Keto Alcoholic Drinks
- Michelob Ultra- With just 95 calories and 2.6 grams of carbs, this low-carb beer satisfies that craving without compromising your diet. In my opinion, this is the kind of light beer that doesn’t even taste like it’s low-carb. In comparison to other low-carb beers, this one is the closest you can get to the real thing in my opinion.
- Miller 64 Extra Light Lager- Another low-carb beer option for lager lovers is brought to you by the people at Miller. With only 64 calories and 2.4 grams of carbs, this lager easily fits into a ketogenic diet.
- Truly Spiked Hard Seltzers offer a variety of flavors with very low carbs depending on the variety you purchase.
- Wine- There are many varieties of both white wine and red wine that are keto friendly. When craving a glass of wine while following a keto diet, red wines like Pinot Noir, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon are great options.
- Hard Liquors- If you want to have an alcoholic beverage but need to limit your carb intake, it may be best to go with whiskey, rum, vodka, gin, or tequila since they all are zero-carb drinks.
Frequently Asked Questions About Diet Drinks on Keto
What drinks can you drink on keto?
As you can see from this list of the best diet drinks on keto, there are plenty of drinks that are keto-friendly. From protein drinks to alcoholic beverages, there are a variety of drinks perfect for those on the keto diet.
What is the best ketosis drink?
Some drinks are designed to put you into ketosis and help you reach your diet goals. Real Ketones Orange Blast is a great option for those who want to produce their own ketones naturally. These packets are easily added to water for a quick drink that contains 4 balanced electrolytes calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium keep your body hydrated.
These orange blast drinks taste like a creamsicle and since they are packed with lots of electrolytes and vitamins, they can help avoid the dreaded keto flu.
What drinks are not allowed on keto diet?
Most sodas, milk, juices, and premade coffees are packed with sugar and carbs which means they are not keto friendly. Avoid drinking anything without reading the label first.
Also, just because something says keto on the label doesn’t necessarily mean that it will fit into your keto diet. If you are following a strict keto diet you will have to be aware of serving sizes as well as hidden ingredients.
Some brands of “keto drinks” are several servings and although it seems something that is only 8 ounces should be one serving, check the nutrition label because that may not be the case.
One serving of 2 ounces may measure out to 4 net carbs but if you drink the full 8 ounces you are now taking in 16 net carbs. This can quickly add up throughout the day so it is best to read labels and be aware of what you are consuming.
What drinks are zero carbs?
There are many keto-friendly drink options that contain zero carbs on this list including water, coffee, tea, and sodas. You may be surprised to find out that certain alcohols like whiskey, rum, vodka, gin, and tequila contain zero carbs.
There are also many pre-packaged drinks that claim zero carbs on the label, just be sure to read the fine print before consuming.
What is the Best Keto Drink to Lose Weight?
As with many diets, drinking plenty of plain water is a great way to lose weight and stay healthy. Drinking water provides many health benefits and plays a large role in the proper functions of our muscles, skin, kidneys, as well as bowel function.
It helps to cleanse our bodies and flush out harmful toxins when our intake is adequate. A good way to increase your water intake with a little flavor is by drinking coconut water.
To get the most out of your water intake, add in these electrolytes from Real Ketones to help keep you hydrated and stay on track with your daily macros.
More Information for Following a Keto Diet
If you are a beginner to the keto diet or are just interested in learning more, check out this post sharing tips for how to start a low-carb diet.
For those who could use a little help staying on track while on the go, check out these expert tips for staying in ketosis while traveling.
A general rule to follow when searching for the best keto drinks is to make sure it fits into your daily calories. Check the sugar content, and be sure that it fits into your daily allowed grams of carbohydrates.
Choose drinks with natural flavors that offer additional nutritional value and be sure to drink plenty of water to aid you on your weight loss journey.
Popular Low-Carb Recipes
These easy keto chicken wings are a great lunch or dinner option for those on a low-carb diet. This is a simple way to prepare a meal that will satisfy even the biggest keto dieter’s craving for unhealthy foods while not intaking too many grams of net carbs.
For those hoping to have an easy dinner without worrying about weight gain, this keto stuffed bell pepper soup is easily made in the crockpot.
I hope you enjoyed this list sharing the best diet drinks on keto. Don’t forget to sign up for the free newsletter and follow along on social media so that you never miss another blog post again.